On Sunday 12th March, the Design Centre at Chelsea Harbour will be opening its doors to London Design Week. Interior designers, architects and decision makers will come together with designers and suppliers to showcase the very best in interior design. It is a hotbed of talent and our team is ready to be inspired and to learn all there is to know about this year’s major launches, including the trends that will be impacting on our lives as interior designers. With the theme “the science of design” we are expecting to have our minds expanded and our knowledge enriched.
Here’s our roundup of the events and collections we don’t want to miss.
Conversations in Design:
DESIGNING DIFFERENCE Hosted by FT How To Spend It
Tuesday 14 March, 11.30am-12.30pm.
The importance of individuality in an increasingly homogenous world. Chaired by writer and journalist Charlotte Abrahams.
PSYCHOGRAPICS: THE SCIENCE OF HOTEL DESIGN, Hosted by Sleeper
Wednesday 15 March, 11.30am – 12.30pm
The study of personality, attitudes and lifestyles as a tool for designing new hotels. Chaired by assistant editor Molly Dolan.
The Top 10 collections we don’t want to miss:
- Porta Romana – iconic lighting made in Britain
- Giorgetti – contemporary, Italian made furniture
- Ceccotti Collezioni – Tuscan producer of intricate, original furniture
- Birgit Israel – luxury bespoke furniture, alongside unique antique finds
- Romo – family-run company specialising in wall coverings and fabric
- Harlequin – brilliant range of inspirational fabrics and wallpapers
- Chaplins – exclusive showroom bringing together a selection of interiors brands from around the world
- Houles – a reputation for trimmings, poles and tracks, as well as upholstery and drapery fabrics
- Ann Sacks – original tile ranges to really make a statement
- Summit Furniture – simple but smart furniture design for external spaces
We hope to see some familiar faces there, but for those that are not attending you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter www.twitter.com/RethinkInterior and by liking our Company Page on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/rethink-interiors
Let us know what you enjoyed seeing too, and use #CheckintoDesign so we can keep track of your recommendations. See you there!
For more information on London Design Week visit www.dcch.co.uk/London-Design-Week-2017-Programme